Plant the seedling of democracy and defend it with pitchforks and arguments against drought, pests and Nazis. Welcome to Septembertal, a farming role-playing game during the political and social turmoil in Germany after World War 1.
After losing your parents, you move to the farm of your decrepit grandmother in Pomerania. There you take over the management of the farm according to your personal ideas, expand the fields and orchards, set up pastures, go hunting or have tea with your favorite neighbor.
But watch out, the Weimar Republic was an uncertain time of upheaval! Famines, former barons and new ideologies constantly threaten the peace of the village community. It's time to make decisions about the future and to collectively develop democracy!
- EXPERIENCE the red-hot events of the Weimar Republic as a dramatic village story and shape the future of democracy.
- DEVELOP your grandmother's farm according to your wishes.
- PLANT dozens of different types of grains, fruits and vegetables and take care of your versatile animals.
- MEET over twenty interesting villagers, become friends or fight with them over land and the future.
- IMPROVE your skills, learn a craft and become an important part of the village community.
- GATHER resources of all kinds by fishing, trapping or carefully exploring former battlefields.
Septembertal is developed by the indie studio PAINTBUCKET GAMES, which was founded by the two former AAA developers Jörg Friedrich and Sebastian St. Schulz to realize socio-politically relevant games. With their first game "Through the Darkest of Times", the studio won numerous awards in 2020. Today, a small team of diversely interested people is working on Septembertal.
The game is still in an early stage of development, but a demo can already be played during events.